Labels

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chip Chop Flip Flop

Post by Rachel

So Erin came to visit me this weekend and insisted that I cook for her. A very demanding house guest she is. So after an entire day of supply shopping I then slaved away in the kitchen for her while she rattled off ingredients to me.

We created 25 meals for future crockpot laziness. We copied the recipes from two different websites and doubled the recipe so we each could have the frozen meal.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html

and

http://www.savingyoudinero.com/2012/06/12/1-hour-1-mess-5-crock-pot-meals/

On the teriyaki pork chops recipe we used chicken instead. We also did not try the barbeque spare ribs and we bought huge onions and decided to half the amount in most recipes.

The entire process took us about 4 hours and we are really excited about the cilantro lime chicken. It seemed like an easy process for the two of us to do this. Erin wrote on the ziplock bags (our name, the meal name, and any additional directions needed.) I sliced and cleaned all the meat which by the end of it I was a little grossed out. We had 10lbs of beef and 24lbs of chicken.
I also had to chop all the onions because Erin is a pansy.
Our cost was about $100 per person, the biggest expense being the meat, however we did have a lot of the canned goods already at home.
We used gallon size ziplocks and put them in beer pitchers to keep them upright.
We packed my freezer full of our ziplocks (and if you really have to know why I keep my OxiClean in my freezer it is actually my veggie scraps for compost that I am too lazy to take outside but don't want to attract fruit flys.)
Clean up always sucks but we didn't make a lot of dishes, a couple cutting boards, one pan and measuring utensils and thats it. All in all we had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment