Labels

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coffee Table Tray

Posted By: Erin

I have been on the hunt for a tray of sorts to hold all the goodies that land on the coffee table in the living room. My first thought was a wood tray but I was having a very hard time finding one in a price range I was ok with. I came across this lovely metal tray on Craigslist for all of $5- my kind of deal!
I took it out and sanded it down because some of the oh so lovely flowers were raised paint.

P.S. This is where I start to lack pictures until the end... sorry!

Once I had sanded it down and cleaned it again I gave it a good coat of black spray paint and let it dry.

I found a template that I liked at my local craft store. I placed it down in the middle of the tray holding it in place and started brushing on the white paint. Heavy in spots and lighter in others. It was all a trial of what I was going to get. I let if dry with the template on it.

Once it was dry I pulled off the template and this is what I got!

For my first go around at metal trays I think I did a pretty darn good job! Now whats the chance I can do it again!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment