Labels

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kids Growth Chart

Post by Rachel:
ohhh yet another thing from Pinterest.
So supplies needed are:

Precut & Sanded/Finished Wood from Home Depot - I used a 3/4" x 11 1/4" x 8' Pine cost was $14.99
Black Sharpie
Ruler (only if you want to be accurate)
Wood Stain & paint brush (if you want to be fancy!)

So because my handsom prince charming suffers from severe OCD I had to be meticulous in making this if I wanted it to be hung in my home.
Start with your board.
Say hello to my kitchen. Side note: if you do this with children in the room they may want to walk the plank. So I have high ceilings in my home but you may not want your board to be 8' tall. I liked the look so I didn't cut it. Also mine had to start on the floor so that my son could measure all his toys.
Step 1:
Measure all your intervals. I did mine by quarter foot and also did them on both sides so my lines would be even. You will see what I mean later.

I matched up each dot from the intervals and drew my lines that way. The line next to the number was 3", the 1/2 foot mark was 2" and the quarter marks for 1". Do it however you like.
So for the numbers I printed out HUGE typed font on the computer and cut them out and traced them... again because of Prince Charming's OCD. Freehand it if you like.
So I lost track of steps...
Step 4:
After doing everything in pencil (so you can erase mistakes) Sharpie it in! This was kinda boring.
Step 5:
Stain it! I have seen everything from wood stain to coffee. I used MinWax Wood Finish in Cherry 235 - $4.99 and I only did one coat.
Don't forget the edges!
Step 6:
Hang it however you choose to because I am still figuring that out. Here is my finished product leaning against the wall
It passed the OCD test in case you were wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment